This page contains useful information and guidance for parents on topics related to Covid-19. Please be aware that documents will change as new guidance is released.
In the rare event of a class closure, we will use Google Classroom to communicate with your children, set work and give feedback and support.
Every child has a username and password. They will be given this by their class teacher, but if they lose it or forget, you can request it from their dedicated class email (see below) for help.
The class emails will only be in use during a lockdown or bubble closure. If your child is ‘home learning’ because of a closure, these email accounts will be checked between 9.00am and 4.00pm. They will be specifically for home learning questions or to submit photos of work.
- Nursery: firstname.lastname@example.org (Mrs Gordon, Mrs Sprigg)
- Reception: email@example.com (Mrs Guiney, Miss Blenkiron)
- Year 1: firstname.lastname@example.org (Miss Bennett, Mrs Yelland)
- Year 2: email@example.com (Miss McDonald, Miss Creamer)
- Year 3: firstname.lastname@example.org (Miss Crane, Mrs Breen)
- Year 4: email@example.com (Mrs Green, Mr Harper)
- Year 5: firstname.lastname@example.org (Mrs Jones, Mrs O’Loughlin)
- Year 6: email@example.com (Mr Boyd, Mrs Martin)
If you have a general enquiry that is not about home learning then, please contact us on the usual school telephone number or email address.
We also subscribe to a lot of online learning resources, and your child will have a log in and will know how to use the sites below already. If your child has forgotten their login details, please send an email to the dedicated class email above.
BBC Bitesize have launched a Daily Lessons site for home learning in Maths and English, as well as regular lessons in Science, History, Geography and more. These lessons have been created by teachers and other educational experts and feature a mix of videos, animations, practice activities, quizzes and games:
Join in daily Letters and Sounds Phonics lessons on YouTube throughout the Autumn Term. Designed and delivered by experts, the lessons use the Letters and Sounds programme which is the exact programme we use at St. Gerard’s:
Covid Related Letters
Letters to parents/carers relating to the Covid-19 situation:
- 24 September 2021 – Important school attendance message from Birmingham Council.
- 4 March 2021 – Back to school arrangements for Mon 8 March.
- 3 March 2021 – Return to school from the Leader of Birmingham City Council.
- 29 January 2021 – A positive case in Year 6.
- 29 January 2021 – A positive case in Year 5.
- 28 January 2021 – NHS Test and Trace Covid-19 testing for staff
- 27 January 2021 – A positive case in Reception Class
- 4 January 2021 – Impact of new National Lockdown
- 27 November 2020 – Message on school attendance from Birmingham Council
- 9 November 2020 – A positive case in the school community
- 4 November 2020 – New national restrictions imposed from 5 November
- 28 October 2020 – A positive case in Reception Class
- 25 August 2020 – September opening attendance and arrangements
- 3 June 2020 – School re-opening key information for parents and FAQs
- 3 June 2020 – Key Information for parents of Nursery children
- 3 June 2020 – Key Information for parents of Reception children
- 3 June 2020 – Key Information for parents of Year 1 children
- 3 June 2020 – Key Information for parents of Year 6 children
- 22 May 2020 – Phased return of children to school from 1 June
- 9 April 2020 – School update
- 26 March 2020 – School closure update and home learning activities
More Advice on the Coronavirus
- Gov.uk: The UK Government Covid-19 Website
- Gov.uk: What Parents Need to Know
- NHS: Coronavirus Advice including Vaccinations and Testing
- NHS: How to Wash Your Hands
- NHS: Self Isolation Advice
- Birmingham Children’s Partnership: Emergency and Ongoing Help
- Birmingham Children’s Partnership: Help for all Families