During World Faith Week, all pupils had the opportunity to learn about different faiths and religions.
The week began with a whole school assembly to celebrate the shared values between different faith communities. Throughout the week, visits took place to immerse pupils into their learning and to discover first-hand, some of the traditions, beliefs, signs and symbols of other faiths. This gave an opportunity to promote understanding and greater interaction between different religions.
Each year group focused on a particular faith, including:
- Nursery and Reception learnt more about Catholic life;
- Year 1 explored Christianity;
- Year 2 learnt about Buddhism;
- Year 3 enjoyed learning about Hinduism;
- Year 4 explored Judaism;
- Year 5 enjoyed learning about the Islamic faith;
- Year 6 discovered more about the Sikh faith.
We concluded the week with a whole school assembly, each class had the opportunity to share what they had learnt. Through this, we have all gained a better understanding and respect for other faiths and beliefs.